Master of Arts in English, Arcadia University, Glenside, PA (August 2008 – May 2010)
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, Loyola College in MD, Baltimore, MD (August 1998 – May 2002)
Certificate in Marketing Strategy, Cornell University's Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management (April 2015 – November 2015)
SEO Essentials Certification, Search Engine Academy, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (2014)
CTEFL Certificate with “Distinction,” ViaLingua, Rome, Italy (100 hours of student teaching incl.) (January 2003 – February 2003)
Content by Christa LLC, Philadelphia, PA (June 2018 - Present)
- Content by Christa delivers professional content services for your traditional and digital content needs with an impassioned focus on creating meaningful experiences primarily via website, search, social, and email strategies that help my clients drive qualified engagement and profitable action.
- Primary content services include writing original site-wide web content that is optimized for search and conversions for new and established brand sites (i.e. homepages, about us pages, service pages, FAQs, contact us pages, blog posts, news articles, etc.) as well as the organic and paid search ads and social content that promotes the web content.
Macquarie Investment Management (formerly Delaware Investments), Macquarie Group, Philadelphia, PA (April 2017 – June 2018)
Campaign Design and Analytics Manager
- I was team lead for the Campaign Design and Analytics team in the Marketing Operations group of Macquarie Investment Management, a top 50 global asset management firm headquartered in Philadelphia.
- Our mission was to design, execute, measure, and report on high-performing, multi-channel marketing campaigns and programs that built brand visibility and drove profitable action via email, search, social, and other marketing channels and strategies (both paid and organic).
Delaware Investments, Member of Macquarie Group, Philadelphia, PA (July 2014 – April 2017)
Senior Content Marketing Manager
I was responsible for end-to-end management of multi-faceted thought leadership programs and campaigns that largely focused on digital content strategy, user experience, and multi-channel content marketing tactics across search, social, emails, and third party paid media plans.
Delaware Investments, Member of Macquarie Group, Philadelphia, PA (August 2010 – July 2014)
Senior Web Content Editor
- I provided editorial oversight on multi-channel marketing content development while managing content strategy, distribution, and best practices for all audience-based Delaware Investments websites and e-mail marketing initiatives with particular strengths in copyediting, line editing, rewriting, proofreading, stylistic editing, as well as writing and editing for the Web.
- I scripted, edited, and delivered presentations, due diligence documents, and workshops on e-content proofreading, content marketing, SEO, writing for the web, web content development best practices, digital communications, web navigation, text link effectiveness, web analytics, and competitor analysis within the financial services industry to internal marketing and sales teams.
InteractMedia UK Ltd (April 2012 – June 2018)
BlueGlass Interactive, Inc./Second Step Search, U.S. (May 2010 – April 2012)
P/T Copywriter (remote)
- I remain a top-rated copywriter (5 out of 5 average client rating, as of May 2018) with InteractMedia.
- I have written and ghostwritten original online content including articles, blog posts, and ad/marketing copy for national campaigns based on independent research and client-instructed style guides for clients including, but, not limited to, the Wisconsin Certification Board, Gap, PayDay Loans, and Vacation Rentals by Owner.
Center for Weight and Eating Disorders (CWED), Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA (May 2009 – April 2010)
Editorial Assistant to Dr. Albert Stunkard, M.D., Founder/Director Emeritus
I worked side-by-side with Dr. Stunkard and provided proofreading, research, and editing assistance for a multitude of original papers, book reviews and prefaces, and journal articles for international journals including, but not limited to, the International Journal of Obesity, Obesity Review, Psychosomatic Medicine, and the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry in the Department of Psychiatry's Center for Weight and Eating Disorders (CWED).
The Art of Living, PrimaMedia, Inc., Harleysville, PA
Intern (Writer/Editor) (March 2009 – June 2009)
Freelance Writer (June 2009 – December 2009)
- I was an unpaid intern responsible for providing assistance in writing, proofreading and editing for website, blogs, and digital magazine at marialiberati.com.
- I was later hired to write original articles (topics include, but, are not limited to, coffee, wine, traveling, art, Italian history, walking tours, etc.) for marialiberati.com and their clients. Online articles were featured on websites like gomestic.com, trifter.com, and healthmad.com.
Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ (July 2007 - August 2008)
TOEIC Speaking/Writing Intern, ELL Summer Institute (July – August, in both 2007 and 2008)
TOEIC Reading (P/T Test Developer/Content Reviewer I, II) (August 2007 – August 2008)
- I was one of four candidates chosen out of more than 200 international applicants to participate in the Summer ELL (English Language Learning) Institute in 2007 to write item sets for the Writing and Speaking sections of the TOEIC exam (an English language proficiency test; "Test of English for International Communication").
- I was later hired as part-time on-site Content Reviewer I post-internship and promoted to Content Reviewer II within the first 8 months of employment.
- I developed test-ready item sets that met content and statistical specifications by way of writing, cloning, repurposing, reviewing, editing, and revising test items, keys, and distractors.
- I mentored and trained TOEIC's ELL interns and TOEIC on-site item writers and content reviewers.
Harcum College, ELA, Bryn Mawr, PA (January 2008 – June 2008)
St. Joseph’s University, ELS, Philadelphia (Summer Sessions I and II, 2008)
Delaware County Community College, Media, PA (September 2005 – June 2008)
Monroe Language School, Via Aventino, Rome, Italy (Summer 2004)
- I was an adjunct professor teaching classes that included, but were not limited to, the following at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels: Writing, Reading, Oral Communication, and Grammar.
- I instructed a classroom of non-native multi-level ESL learners to assist in improving their English understanding and communicating abilities for their business, social, academic, and personal language goals and interests which included, but was not limited to, enrollment at accredited undergraduate institutions and/or advancement into other ESL programs.
Eden Walks, Rome, Italy (Winter 2003)
Roman Forum Tour Guide
I scripted and led a descriptive one-hour walking tour of the Roman Forum for English speakers which narrated the religious, political, artistic, and archaeological progression of Rome, Italy.
Art by David Guinn. City of Philadelphia, Mural Arts Program. (2016)
Photo credit: Christa M. Thomas